Sanctioned ByUSA Cycling
435 East Mass Ave Indianapolis, IN 46204 US
Event Start Date
Aug 5, 2017 1:00 PM EST
Event End Date
Aug 5, 2017 9:00 PM EST
Jul 3, 2017 7:00 AM EST
Aug 3, 2017 11:59 PM EST
The 10th Annual Mass Ave Criterium & Cycling Festival is Saturday, August 5th, 2017. The MAC is Indy’s most exciting amateur sporting event held in the trendy downtown cultural district of Mass Avenue.
The MAC will start at 1pm and end at 9pm, taking full advantage of all that is available on the Avenue for shoppers, foodies and partiers. With 400+ racers, 5,000+ cycling fans in Indy’s premier entertainment district this is an event not to miss.
Race Highlights Include:
• $7,000 in cash and prizes
• $1,900 cash prize for Pro,1,2 with Zipp 303 wheel set as prime
• Safe course: completely sealed course with 75 volunteers and 11 police officers.
• Call-up for first 20 pre-registered in each category
• Fixed gear race open to anyone; female, male, young or old. Please see fixed gear race rules and regulations below.
• Water, energy, food, and sports drinks provided at registration for racers.
• Expect a raucous crowd cheering you on as we extend the beer garden from the start/finish line around the first turn.
• Showers available at the nearby YMCA, inside the course, for all racers until 8pm. Clean up and enjoy the avenue and more racing.
A 2017 INKY Points Series Event
Challenging, triangular, 2/3 mile course through the entertainment district on a completely sealed course.
Festival Highlights Include:
• Beer garden with front row seats to the legendary first turn.
• Exciting street vendors.
• Chance for crowd to win gifts for Mass Ave merchant's food, drink and products.
• Kids Races. Free entry, racing number, medal and goody bag and bike helmets from Flanner and Buchannon to the first 50 that register. Reserve your spot and find out more information here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-mass-ave-criterium-kid-races-tickets-35727067621. You must register at the race by 11:45am so come early.
• Junior Races ages 9-18! For USAC regulations please see: http://www.usacycling.org/encyclingpedia/encycstory.php?id=4203
• Free bike parking at Pedal & Park
• 9am Morning MAC ride. Start at start/finish line. See http://www.cibaride.org for more details.
Volunteer and race for FREE! We are offering cyclists the opportunity to race for free if they bring 2 volunteers with them! With this in mind, it is a perfect fit for civic groups, school groups, clubs, and athletic organizations!http://signup.com/go/SSbhYhm
Shift times begin at 1pm and end at 10:30pm, with a wide variety of options in between. We can tailor specific volunteer times, responsibilities, and locations to the size, needs and interests of your group. We can also validate any necessary paperwork needed, as we know many academic organizations encourage or require volunteer work. Additionally, all volunteers receive a t-shirt and water throughout the day.
Please use this link to sign up http://signup.com/go/SSbhYhm or feel free to email Joey Smith, email@example.com or call him directly at 317.808.4618 with any questions.
See details on map located at http://www.massavecrit.com/
Rules & Fees:
Held under USA Cycling permit #2017-1785. All USA Cycling rules apply. Free-lap rule is in effect. Lapped rider may be finished early at the official’s discretion. You must present a valid 2017 USA Cycling license to registration to enter a race. One-day licenses cost $10 at registration or from the USAC website. Single speed races are open to anyone male or female. Please see fixed gear racing rules and regulations below. Promoter reserves the right to shorten, modify, cancel or combine any race or prize list in the event of insufficient entries or bad weather. All winners must be present to receive prizes/awards. Day of race registration opens at 11:15am and closes 30 minutes before the start of each race. $20 fee for each additional race. Pre-registration closes at 11:59pm EST on 8/3/17. $15 late fee applies for race day registration. Helmets required. No refunds.
Fixed Gear Racing Rules and Regulations:
1. A track bike is required.
2. A helmet is required.
3. Clipless pedals and shoes are required.
4. Drop bars, with bar tape, plugged ends and no brake levers are required.
5. A lock ring securing the cog is required.
6. Jersey’s with sleeves are required.
7. All components of the bike must be in good condition.
8. Helmet mounted cameras are prohibited. (Must be on bike)
9. Brakes are prohibited.
10. Gearing is limited to 92 gear inches
11. Lights and reflectors are prohibited.
12. Time trial wheels are prohibited (Aerospokes, disc wheels, Spinergy, Tri-spokes, rims deeper than 90mm, etc).
13. Fixed-gear conversions are prohibited.
14. Headphones are prohibited.
15. Race numbers are mandatory for scorekeeping purposes. Number placement instructions are provided at number pickup.
16. Registration will close one hour before the race to allow adequate time for tech inspection.
17. Bib numbers must be pinned on correct side of jersey. (See Athlete
18. Equipment non-compliance is grounds for disqualification.
© Copyright 2018, truesport.com All Rights Reserved | US 317.441.6964 (EST) support