The 6th Annual Mass Ave Criterium & Cycling Festival is Saturday, August 10th, 2013. The MAC is one of Indy’s most exciting sporting events held in the beautiful and hip downtown Cultural District of Mass Avenue.
The MAC will start at noon and end under the lights at 11pm, taking full advantage of the of all that is available on the Avenue for shoppers, foodies and partiers.
This race will be televised! You will be able to watch all the action from every section of the course streamed live to your smartphone or to 10 large TV monitors in the start/finish area. Please go to http://mac.nuvo.net to register on livestream.
With 400+ racers, 5,000 cycling fans on Indy’s premier entertainment district this is an event not to miss.
Fees: See fee schedule below. $20 per additional race.
Race Highlights Include:
• $10,000 in prizes with $5000 cash/ $5,000 primes
• Pre-registration Contest: Top prize is a set of Zipp 404 Firecrest Wheels ($2,700 value)
• Neutral wheel support
• Trainers made available for warmups by Fit Flex Fly (F3). Watch the action from the first turn while you warm up. Register at: http://macwarmup.eventbrite.com/
• Safe course: smooth surfaces, completely sealed course with 150 course marshals and 11 police officers.
• Call-up for first 20 pre-registered in each category
• Podium ceremony for all categories in the European tradition. Great photo opportunity with podium girls, champagne and flowers.
• Indiana's first Nocturne race with the final races under the lights at night. Course will be lit by 24 x 1000 watt lights - bright enough to light 125 acres! Check out these videos of a Nocturne in London: http://mpora.com/videos/AAdhxfpm0syv,
• Water, energy food and sports drinks provided at registration for racers.
• Expect a raucous crowd cheering you on as we extend the beer garden from the start/finish line to the first turn.
• IN/KY Series event
• Showers available at the YMCA, inside the course, for all racers until 8pm. Clean up and enjoy the Avenue and more racing.
Challenging, triangular, 2/3 mile course through the entertainment district on smooth roads.
Festival Highlights Include:
• New Belgium beer in an expanded beer garden with tables, umbrellas and bleacher seating.
• Twilight and night racing under the lights.
• Product street vendors
• Contest for crowd for Mass Ave Merchant Food, Drink and Product
• Kids Races. For details and to register see: http://massavecritkidsraces.eventbrite.com/
• Junior Races
• Free bike parking at Pedal & Park
• 9am Morning MAC ride. See http://www.cibaride.org for more details.
Volunteer and race for FREE! New in 2013, we are offering cyclists the opportunity to race for free if they bring 5 volunteers with them! With this in mind, it is a perfect fit for civic groups, school groups, clubs, and athletic organizations!
Shift times begin at 9AM and end at midnight, with a wide variety of options in between. We can tailor specific volunteer times, responsibilities, and locations to the size, needs and interests of your group. We can also validate any necessary paperwork needed, as we know many academic organizations encourage or require volunteer work. Additionally, all volunteers receive a t-shirt, a meal and water throughout the day. Interested volunteers can find specific information and sign up at Volunteer Spot HERE.
Please feel free to email Kate Bragg email@example.com or call her directly at 808.4608 with any questions.
Dedicated parking for racers near course. See details on map located at http://mac.nuvo.net.
Held under USA Cycling permit. All USA Cycling rules apply. Free-lap rule is in effect. Lapped rider may be pulled at the official’s discretion. You must present a valid 2013 USA Cycling license to registration to enter any race. Only Category 5 men, Category 4 women and Citizens racers may purchase a one-day license for $10 at registration. Promoter reserves the right to shorten, modify, cancel or combine any race or prize list in the event of insufficient entries or bad weather. All winners must be present to receive prizes/awards. Day of race registration opens at 10:15am and closes 30 minutes before the start of each race. $20 fee for each additional race. Pre-registration closes at 11:59pm EST on 8/8/13. $10 late fee applies for race day registration. Helmets required. No refunds.